EU Certified Organic Cinnamon 50g
Overview of True Cinnamon Sticks
Cinnamon was one of the first traded spices of the ancient world and was a popular spice in the ancient Arab world. Arab traders paved the way for cinnamon to travel a long distance through the spice route to the European market. Historically, cinnamon also motivated many voyages leading to the discovery of the New World by Christopher Columbus and Vasco da Gama to Sri Lanka. Ceylon Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), a plant indigenous to Sri Lanka is the highest cinnamon grade found in the cinnamon family. Cinnamon grown and produced in Sri Lanka has acquired a long-standing reputation in the international market due to many factors. The name Ceylon Cinnamon derived from the country’s former name is an established geographical indication for cinnamon. Sri Lanka is the world’s largest producer and exporter of cinnamon, producing almost 90% of cinnamon to the world market.
- Lowers Blood Sugar Level – Cinnamon may curb blood sugar by lowering insulin resistance. It can cut cholesterol by about 18% and blood sugar levels by 24%.
- Helps Boost HDL Cholesterol – A meta-analysis found that a daily dose of cinnamon lowered total cholesterol by an average of 16 mg/dL, LDL (bad) cholesterol by 9 mg/dL, and a slight increase in HDL (good) cholesterol levels
- Anti-Inflammatory – The antioxidants in cinnamon have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help lower your risk of disease.
- Anti-Oxidant. – Antioxidants can help protect the body from disease.
- Boosts Memory. – Research shows that just smelling cinnamon enhances cognitive processing and cinnamon has been shown to improve scores on tasks related to attention, memory and visual-motor speed.
Use for :
- Add to your rice, meat, curries
- Simmer with your oatmeal
- Infuse a pot of tea, coffee
- Use as a stirring stick in tea, coffee, and cocktails
Recipe for Cinnamon Tea
(Makes 1 serving)
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup (about 250 mL) boiling water
1 tea bag (black tea or herbal tea)
Optional: ginger, lemon slice, honey or other sweetener to taste
- Place the cinnamon stick in a mug.
- Add the boiling water and tea bag.
- Cover for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and cinnamon stick.
- Optional: Add the ginger, lemon slice, honey or
other sweeteners to taste
Ready to Drink
Packing & Distribution by Tara Holding